P.S. For those that are wondering these were extra long exposures (that’s why the tripod was needed), it was pitch black outside, we don’t even have street lights on our road (yes, road).
- I brought a couple sets of clean sheets, duvet covers, my down pillows and comforter. It made staying at ugly La Quinta Inns (the only places that allowed dogs on our route) so much more comfortable. The sheets were high thread count and they were mine. When we got to our house sitting destination I washed everything a few (or more times) and it made our house sitting stay more comfy.
- I brought a wine opener, it was a little luxury but it was nice to have a glass of wine the minute we arrived in NC.
- I carried travel size versions of Advil, allergy tablets and saline solution in my purse. To have to grab any of these things from our suitcase (of our very packed vehicle) would have been maddening.
- We packed a cooler with healthy food–Fixin’s for sandwiches, crackers, cheese, granola bars, yogurt, raw almonds, etc. such a smart idea, it saved us money and we didn’t have to eat at greasy fast food restaurants for at least two of our meals, dinner of course was a different story.
- I downloaded free podcasts from Itunes. This made the trip so much easier and stopped us from bickering for at least 45 minute stretches at a time. I am nuts about “Stuff you missed in history class’ and I didn’t mind the Adam Carolla podcasts either.
P.S. Remember the other day I mentioned I saw a dead wild turkey that could have been a vulture? Well, I found out that there’s these ugly Turkey Vultures here, they are gigantic! I just about had a heart attack when I saw them hanging out. Word on the street is they only eat dead animals so the girls and I are safe (for now).
P.P.S. This photo is of Jordan Lake, it’s a mile walk from my new home, isn’t it pretty? I plan on going canoeing there, even though I have never canoed in my life, but how hard could it be? I’ll bring my husband in case it’s harder than it looks, he’s really strong and I think he would love it if I was a damsel in distress, instead of bossy pants.