- Get married. On the 30th of December my Fancy (my fiancee) and I wrote down some of our goals. We both agreed that we should get married all ready. We (meaning me) decided on two dates–9.10.11 or 11.11.11.
- Launch Besotted Brand. I do have every intention of launching Besotted Brand which if you are not sure what that is or what I plan do, my tagline is ‘purveyors of fine design’, so I plan on doing some fine purveyoring.
- Become more proficient at Illustrator. I have never been great with Adobe’s Illustrator. In fact if there was a short bus for graphic designers I would surely be relegated to it. Good thing I am enrolled in a class next week so I will be honing those neglected skills.
- Buy a new computer and have it calibrated. My current computer may as well be an abacus. I have needed a new computer for about oh? Half a decade now, it’s time. My new computer will be calibrated so my print outs will actually correspond to the colors I see on the screen, how novel.
- Learn a new language. With the exception of Pig Latin and a few key words in French my language repertoire is sorely lacking. Being that mi madre speaks mainly Spanish I figured I would try my hand (or rather my tongue) at that. It will give me someone to practice with at the very least at the very best I will finally be able to argue with her in her native tongue. I checked out the Pimsleur Spanish cd’s at the library and have been listening to them in the car and at the office.
- Quit my job and earn a living doing what I love. Need I say more?
- Make some $$$ from my photography. I will take it in any capacity-teaching, classes, editing, my prints, actions, textures, clients, etc. This is the year for me to make this happen.
- Start a creative writing project. I do a lot of writing for work but it’s the kind of insipid text that any reader unfortunate enough to have it placed in front of them can attest to it being an excellent curative for insomnia. The dictionary would be more lively. I am bored just writing about it. I have asked an ally in the plight against banal prose to join me in the good fight, she has agreed to help save me from myself.
xx, besos, mi amigas!