- You don’t need 8 million boards, it’s more manageable to have less and add to one category/board that makes sense.
- If you pin a photo or artwork try to add the name of the artist and link in your description so they get full credit, don’t worry if you re-pin it will let the pinner know you re-pinned and others know where you re-pinned from.
- If you re-pin one pinners pins a lot, give them some love by leaving a comment, it’s nice to know people appreciate your great taste.
- If there’s a diy you like and you click and it takes you to the blog instead of directly to the blog post, maybe you can help a pinner out and pin to the exact post that way people lazy like me won’t give up and leave, your fellow pinner can find the diy right away.
- When you find someone’s pins you can’t get enough of why not follow them? I love feeling like I discovered a great new ‘curator’ like my pal Michelle P. she’s fairly new to pinning on a regular basis but her pins never disappoint.
I hope this helps and please feel free to ask me questions if you have any confusion about the above. I included a link below that goes into more detail on getting started–
Pretty much for as long as I have been writing a blog, I have been on the perfect bang/fringe quest, each time failing miserably. It has been nearly a decade that I have been in search of good thick Bardot-esque bangs and I have not been able to achieve them. I gave up on Bardot and would have been happy with just straight bangs like the kind my mom cut for me in elementary school, but again it has been elusive. I only cut my hair about once a year because it seems I always have a mishap and it takes me a full 365 days to dust myself off and gather enough gumption to get myself to a salon. The last time I went I shared that the stylist basically gave me square hair and I looked like Peppermint Pattie’s best pal Marcie Johnson for ages. What I neglected to mention to you, (out of sheer shame), was that my haircut was $300! Yes, I paid $300 for hair that made me look like the least attractive animated character ever. In my defense I did not know it was going to be that amount, it had been $100 for years and even that seemed outrageous but since I only went once a year I figured it wasn’t that bad. The stylist it seemed had changed his prices and the bad haircut had already been done and I knew I was never coming back; I paid and am still miserable with my decision. I wish I had enough confidence to have told them to pay me $300 for the bad haircut. Yes, I tipped, I am such a haircut push-over. Now that I am living in what can only be kindly referred to as the sticks I knew that I would have to take charge of my own hair situation. I went through all 4 billion bang/fringe videos, read every blog on the interwebs regarding this subject matter and have a winner-Sam Villa, How To Cut Fringe. This man knows his stuff! I actually started with Sam’s technique and after having some success thought I knew what the heck I was doing and added my own technique to the mix, which gave me horrible Cher bangs and then I had to go in and try to fix, that is why my bangs aren’t as long on the side as I usually like. For 30 minutes of complete neurosis (I was actually sweating profusely when I was doing this and I never sweat) and saving $300, I am pretty happy with the results. This diy isn’t for everyone and if you live in a city where you can actually see people on the street, my suggestion is to stop the girl with the cutest cut that you wish you had and get her hairstylists info–STAT. If you are like me and are living in the middle of nowhere and on the budget of all budgets I suggest checking Sam Villa out. If you have any questions let me know, I am no expert, but I can share my experience with you.
P.S. I have a NEW mascara love! I know, I know! And on my lips is my own lip balm/gloss, yes for the future Besotted Brand apothecary!
P.P.S. If I look like I am not breathing, I am not. I have not learned (yet) how to be comfortable behind the camera ask my husband who took 6,000 photos yesterday and then gave up. Even he was surprised that we got one photo out of our ‘shoot’.
P.P.P.S. I am doing a giveaway over at a sweet girls blog, the best part is that there is a super duper Besotted Brand discount code at the bottom of her post good for anything in the shop!